Cedar Breather® Ventilated Underlayment
Are you looking for a top-tier underlayment for wood and metal roofing systems? You’ve found it. Our Cedar Breather® product is known for protecting the beauty and life of wood roofing by providing a space for continuous airflow between the solid roof deck and shingles or shakes. It is also a great solution to providing an airflow space under metal roofs.
For optimum performance, use Cedar Breather® with Rapid Ridge® 7 ridge vent. This underlayment is fire-resistant, easy to install, and helps get rid of any excess moisture.
Cedar Breather® Ventilated Underlayment Features
- Patented three-dimensional design allows for optimal airflow
- Installs without any special tools
- Eliminates need for furring strips
- Quick and easy installation
- Protects the beauty and life of wood roofing
- Provides a space for drainage and drying under metal roofing
- Eliminates excess moisture
- Prevents thermal cupping and warping
- Reduces potential rotting
- Durable performance
- Provides cushioning
Cedar Breather® Installation Tips
- We recommend installing Cedar Breather® Ventilated Underlayment with Rapid Ridge 7 to increase the drying potential underneath the shingle
- Cedar Breather® Ventilated Underlayment can be installed inboard of the rake edge by up to 1″ in situations where wind driven rain is a concern
- To avoid walking directly on Cedar Breather, work from fascia to ridge, installing one course at a time with shingles.
When it comes to moisture protection, we stand behind our products. Learn how you can get a 35 Year Product and Labor Warranty for the Cedar Breather® System today.
200 sq ft
9.7 lbs per roll / .778 oz/sq ft
Compression & thickness
¼ (Zero lbs/ft² – .27 in 100 lbs/ft² – .26 in 200 lbs/ft² – .25 in)
35 Year System Warranty
Testing & Certifications
Building Science & Education
The Difference a 1/4 inch Gap Makes
At Benjamin Obdyke, we’re passionate about protecting homes and buildings from moisture damage – and have been since 1868. In an effort to provide resources to help you Build Better, Benjamin Obdyke will periodically contract testing of our products in certain environments and in conjunction with other products on the market. This information not only helps us improve our own products and practices, but gives us important data to share with you, our customers.