Cedar Breather® Ventilated Underlayment
Cedar Breather® protects the beauty and life of wood roofing by providing a space for continuous airflow between the solid roof deck and shingles or shakes.
For optimum performance, use Cedar Breather with Rapid Ridge® 7 ridge vent.
- Patented three dimensional design
- Installs without any special tools
- Eliminates need for furring strips
- Quick and easy installation
- Protects the beauty and life of wood roofing
- Eliminates excess moisture
- Prevents thermal cupping and warping
- Reduces potential rotting
- Durable performance
- Provides cushioning
- Also makes a great solution for use in metal roofing applications
200 sq ft
9.7 lbs per roll / .778 oz/sq ft
Compression & thickness
¼ (Zero lbs/ft² – .27 in 100 lbs/ft² – .26 in 200 lbs/ft² – .25 in)
35 Year System Warranty
Testing & Certifications
Building Science & Education
The Difference a 1/4 inch Gap Makes
At Benjamin Obdyke, we’re passionate about protecting homes and buildings from moisture damage – and have been since 1868. In an effort to provide resources to help you Build Better, Benjamin Obdyke will periodically contract testing of our products in certain environments and in conjunction with other products on the market. This information not only helps us improve our own products and practices, but gives us important data to share with you, our customers.