Designed to be UV stable, Batten UV works great for all open joint cladding applications. The compression resistant design is ideal to support the install of fa variety of claddings, including composite decking used as cladding.
- UV rated batten for open joint applications
- Offers compression resistance on par with traditional furring strips
- Does not compress in screw-fastened applications of composite ‘decking as cladding’
- Notched design provides multidirectional airflow and drainage in rainscreen applications
- 8 foot lengths for faster install (400 linear feet per carton)
Thickness (size of gap)
Length per batten
Max. UV exposure
15 (product) or 25 (system) year limited
Benefits of a Black Housewrap
Open joint rainscreen cladding is a growing trend in exterior facades. The design concept relies on the performance benefits of a rainscreen, which is a gap behind cladding that facilitates drainage and drying.