Designed to be UV stable, Batten UV works great for all open joint cladding applications. The compression resistant design is ideal to support the install of a variety of claddings, including composite decking used as cladding.
- UV rated batten for open joint applications
- Offers compression resistance on par with traditional furring strips
- Does not compress in screw-fastened applications of composite ‘decking as cladding’
- Notched design provides multidirectional airflow and drainage in rainscreen applications
- 8 foot lengths for faster install (400 linear feet per carton)
Thickness (size of gap)
Length per batten
Max. UV exposure
15 (product) or 25 (system) year limited
Benefits of a Black Housewrap
Open joint rainscreen cladding is a growing trend in exterior facades. The design concept relies on the performance benefits of a rainscreen, which is a gap behind cladding that facilitates drainage and drying.