Why are Slicker Rainscreen products better than furring strips?
Slicker products are faster and easier to install, cutting labor costs.
Slicker products provide a continuous vented airspace over the entire surface area of the wall, providing greater drainage and more effective drying than wood strapping which only vents approximately 85% of the wall. (1×3 strapping installed 16 inches on center leaves 15% of the wall unventilated.)
Unlike wood furring that is subject to saturation and decomposition in a relatively short period of time, Slicker Classic is plastic so it won’t decompose over time and it comes with a 20 (product) or 25 (system) year limited warranty.