You’re the go-to person when a friend seeks help to solve a problem. You enjoy figuring out solutions and sharing that knowledge with others. Like, not in an obnoxious, Big Bang Sheldon kind of way…but in a supportive, patient way that makes them leave feeling heard, understood, and with confidence to tackle the issue at hand.
You live to understand how things work. Do you remember that old science channel show, “How it’s Made”? It’s ok, we know you do (psst…it’s on our DVR, too). Sometimes, your natural curiosity has gotten you in trouble for asking “too many questions”. You’ve spent more than a few Saturdays teaching yourself how to fix something that you could hire someone else to do. But hey, for you it’s about the journey – not the destination, right?
If this sounds like you, we could have a new home for you. Benjamin Obdyke is seeking a motivated technical support specialist to join our team. The technical support specialist is responsible for handling day-to-day technical product questions directly from our customers and sales team. This role also provides technical expertise for the development of support materials such as installation guides, illustrations, videos, and training. The technical support specialist supports training efforts across the company and our customer base. They are also responsible for executing internal product testing and maintaining our lab and testing materials.
This position is open to candidates of all experience levels, from entry-level to experienced professionals. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
- “There’s nothing we can’t do” attitude
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and training (technical focus preferred)
- Customer-service orientation
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Interest in building science and construction
- Fluent in Microsoft Oﬃce: Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel. PC proﬁciency.
- Willingness to travel up to 20% for training, jobsite visits, tradeshows, or other customer-facing activities
- Most importantly, the ability to take the work seriously, but not yourself
FOR BONUS POINTS
- Building industry experience
- Experience in technical support or customer service
- Proﬁciency in CRM software
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS
- Hybrid office environment – 3 days/week in office on average, 2/week work from home
- Travel locally and nationally via auto, plane, etc. International travel is a possibility.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to climb ladders and walk through construction areas
- Regular oﬃce work including extensive use of computers, telephones, copiers, etc.
We oﬀer a competitive salary and beneﬁts package (even though we believe working with such awesome people should be rewarding enough).
Up for a new challenge? Submit your resume to: email@example.com. Or, apply on LinkedIN: Click here.
No phone calls, please. No relocation is provided for this role.