Send resume and cover letter with compensation requirements to:
NO PAID RELOCATION
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Benjamin Obdyke Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Market Development Manager (Mid-Atlantic)
Eastern PA/Central NJ
The Market Development Manager is responsible for developing dealer, builder, contractor and architect awareness of and conversion to Benjamin Obdyke’s products in the Mid-Atlantic Region (includes: NJ, Eastern PA, Northern DE). S/he will coordinate with sales and marketing personnel to focus time in the field identifying, connecting with, and developing relationships that will drive product acceptance and adoption. S/he will work closely with 2-Step Distribution sales personnel to train them and leverage their existing dealer relationships to identify targeted remodeler and builder contacts.
A comprehensive understanding of the Benjamin Obdyke goals and objectives are critical attributes for the person in this position.
Specific job responsibilities & accountabilities
- Meet with target contractors, builders, architects and specialty lumber dealers to introduce BOI products. Grow awareness and use of BOI Wall solution products to increase number of users and grow sales.
- Intimately understand the installation practices associated with BOI products. Maintain product knowledge of BOI and competitors' products- ability to articulate features & benefits of BOI vs. competition.
- Develop and execute call reports for each visit/joint travel. Keep contacts and information current in BOI CRM database.
- Track and report market intelligence as it relates to competitors... pricing, strategy, etc.
- Interface with sales and marketing on production builder opportunities identified during his/her travels.
- Communicate in-market efforts related to the Dealer and Distributor with HEH Inside Sales Manager and local sales reps. Coordinate dealer and distributor sales and training opportunities identified through travel with Inside Sales Specialist.
- Travel with and train 2-step distributor sales resources.
- Schedule and conduct AIA Lunch and Learn events with follow up and next steps.
- Must reside in Eastern PA or Central NJ. Must work out of our Horsham office on Monday's.
- BS degree - Preferred
- Proficient computer skills - Outlook, Word, Excel, Contact Management Software
- Minimum 3 years of sales experience
- Building Product Industry Experience - Preferred
- Valid Driver's License w/ clean driving record
- Excellent Time and Territory Management
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently with little direct supervision.
- Articulate & Presentable
- Hands on building experience
- 50% Travel - Combination of Overnight and Local
- Mid-Atlantic Region - Focus on coastal markets NJ, Eastern PA, and Northern DE