Build Better

Education & Events

article title
Jul 31
2016

Why are Slicker Rainscreen products better than furring strips?

  1. Slicker products are faster and easier to install, cutting labor costs.
  2. Slicker products provide a continuous vented airspace over the entire surface area of the wall, providing greater drainage and more effective drying than wood strapping which only vents approximately 85% of the wall. (1x3 strapping installed 16 inches on center leaves 15% of the wall unventilated.)
  3. Unlike wood furring that is subject to saturation and decomposition in a relatively short period of time, Slicker Classic is plastic so it won’t decompose over time and it comes with a 20 (product) or 25 (system) year limited warranty.

TAGS: moisture management, drainage, rainscreen

comments powered by Disqus