Build Better

Moisture Management Education

back to all blog posts

Archives: July 2016

article title

Slicker products are faster and easier to install, cutting labor costs. Slicker products provide a continuous vented airspace over the entire surface area of the wall, providing greater drainage and more effective drying than wood strapping which only vents approximately 85% of the wall. (1x3 strapping installed 16 inches on center leaves 15% of the wall unventilated.) Unlike wood furring that is subject to saturation and decomposition in a relatively short period of time, Slicker...

read more

article title

The main difference between HydroGap Drainable Housewrap and Slicker Classic rainscreen is the size of the gap that each provides. Both allow water to drain, but Slicker Rainscreen offers ventilation that promotes drying. Slicker Classic is a true rainscreen, meaning that it provides a 1/4-inch (6mm) gap between the sheathing and the cladding. This 1/4-inch gap provides for both drainage AND continuous airflow (drying). Slicker Classic by itself does not act as a WRB (water-resistive...

read more