Send resume and cover letter with compensation requirements to:
NO PAID RELOCATION
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Benjamin Obdyke Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Market Development Manager - Southeast Region
North Carolina/South Carolina
The Market Development Manager is responsible for developing dealer, builder, contractor, and architect awareness of and conversion to Benjamin Obdyke’s products in the Southeast Region. S/he will coordinate with sales and marketing personnel to focus time in the field identifying, connecting with, and developing relationships that will drive product acceptance and adoption. S/he will work closely with 2-Step Distribution sales personnel to train them and leverage their existing dealer relationships to identify targeted remodeler and builder contacts.
Specific job responsibilities & accountabilities
- Meet with target contractors, builders, architects and specialty lumber dealers to introduce BOI products. Grow awareness and use of BOI Wall solution products to increase number of users and grow sales.
- Intimately understand the installation practices associated with our products. Maintain product knowledge of Obdyke and competitors’ products - ability to articulate features & benefits of ours vs. competition.
- Interface with sales and marketing on production builder opportunities identified during travels
- Schedule and conduct AIA Lunch and Learn events - including follow up and next steps
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field - Preferred
- Minimum 3 years sales experience
- Building Products Industry Experience – Preferred
- Valid Driver’s License w/Clean Driving Record
- Excellent Time and Territory Management
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently w/little direct supervision
- Proven Ability to Establish and Maintain Relationships
- Strong Communication – Oral and Written
- Stong Presentation Skills – Articulate and Presentable
- Hands on Building Experience – Preferred
- Experience in a Data Base Management system and Microsoft Office Suite
- Must possess a strong sense of Intellectual Curiosity!
- Travel: 50% / Combination of Overnight and Local